Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dusty Hunting!

Today is my first Saturday of D2!  GBB and I went out for breakfast.  We love to eat breakfast at least one morning each weekend because there are great Mom & Pop breakfast restaurants around where we live.  He got chicken & waffles, and I got one Nutella crepe with bananas and an order of toast.  It was super amazing as always. 

After we ate, I asked if I could go dusty hunting, which is going to nail salons and other stores that have nail polish to purchase bottles that may be harder to find on the internet or in retail stores.  GBB, having no idea what I was talking about, just looked at me like I was stupid.  Once I explained it, he semi-groaned and told me that would be awkward but agreed to go.  After a single shop, he was diving in before I could!  I explained that he was looking for China Glazes and OPIs with silver caps because I was looking for CG Kaleidoscope/OMG and OPI DS.  I would say we pretty much hit paydirt.  I told him I'd seen online some people say it's about 1 in 4 shops that have good polishes.  I think we went 3/5 or something similar.  In two hours, we got the following:
  • 2 OPI DS Coronation (new)
  • 2 OPI DS Original (75% and 60%)
  • OPI DS Diamond (80%)
  • OPI Sparkle-icious (85%)
  • CG Tickle My Triangle (90%)
  • CG 2NITE (25%)
  • CG LOL (70%)
  • CG IDK (70%)
  • CG BFF (80%)
  • CG GR8 (new)



I really need to find a better way to estimate how much polish is left, so please let me know if you have a method!  It's difficult because the bottles aren't cylinders.  I have an idea about how to do it scientifically, but that'll have to wait.  =)

I paid about $60 total, which I think is pretty good.

Keep your pearly whites pearly white!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment